Centralized inpatient, outpatient and emergency registration is located in the Admissions Office, located at the hosptial’s front entrance. Regular admission hours are 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. Patients are encouraged to pre-admit at their earliest opportunity. New admissions are asked to arrive at the hospital before 4:00 p.m.
During the admissions process, please be prepared by having the following:
- Photo identification and confirmation of current mailing address, phone number, and other general information.
- Verification of insurance information and copies of insurance cards, if needed.
Other useful information to bring with you includes:
- a medical history (previous surgeries or medical conditions, allergies, etc.)
- a list of medications you take
- your advance directive, if you have one.
During the admissions process we will require that you perform the following steps:
- Sign an authorization for treatment and a disclosure of medical record and financial information. All information will be handled confidentially as per our Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Make any co-payment or deductible required by your insurance plan.
If you are staying overnight, your room assignment will be determined by the kind of medical care you are to receive and room availability. As your condition improves, you may be transferred to another unit in the hospital.
All patients are admitted to Henderson County Community Hospital without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, economic status, educational background, or the source of payment for care.
Please do not bring valuables, either money or jewelry, with you to the hospital. Henderson County Community Hospital will only be responsible if these items are deposited in our safe upon your admission.